25 March 2014

Winter's Broken Record

I know. You are tired of these pictures, but not as tired as we are!  It is not like we are alone.

Several people posted this weather map as a joke on Facebook.  The problem is, it doesn't seem to be a joke.  Two weeks ago we had "the last snow" of the winter.  Last week we had a "freaky spring snow" and this morning we had "the last snow of winter" or perhaps the next to the last snow of spring" since we awaiting more snow this afternoon.

Yes, Spring is trying to break through, Bless its little heart!

Tomorrow the car is going into the shop to have the windshield replaced.  A couple of tiny dings became an issue during the last few weeks when the temperature was 65 during the day and -10 at night.  That was our most dramatic shift in temperature, but in has not been unusual for a 30 to 50 degree shift during a 24 hour period.  I called 6 places before I could find a windshield repair that could take my car before MAY!  

3 comments:

  1. Oh my! That is some weather you experienced. How's your car by the way? I hope you never experienced any inconvenience with it afterward. If something comes up, a visit to a professional car repair shop is a good choice.

    Nannette Henriquez

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nannette,
      It was sad to see that so many local repair shops were gone. I was also surprised to s find how well I could see out of the new windshield. It is so clear.

      Delete
  2. I believe you’ve been enjoying springtime by now. I’m really happy to know that your car is already fixed. I know it’s hard to deal with car problems while the snow is pouring. Anyway, I hope your new windshield lives up to your expectations. Have a great day!

    Sarah Erwin @ Baldwin Subaru

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin